Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Vine videos spotlight stylish shoppers

This month for my Street Scene column, I decided to head to SouthPark mall one recent weeknight in search of stylish shoppers. The whole point of the column is to show what people are wearing when they're out and about. There's a slideshow at www.charlotteobserver.com/style that has pictures of everyone I interviewed and details about what they're wearing.

Names that kept popping up over and over among the young people I took pictures of are American Apperal. When it comes to kicks, I was surprised that two brands that were popular when I was younger - Converse and Doc Martens - are still going strong. And the high/low trend is not going away: stylish people of all ages are mixing inexpensive pieces with a few investment purchases.

Here's Vine video of everyone who's featured in the slideshow:



0 comments: