Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My pick for best dressed at the Met Gala

The Metropolitan Museum of Art's annual Costume Institute Gala is my favorite celebrity fashion event of the year, surpassing even the Oscars.

The 2014 gala honored the British-born designer Charles James (1906-1978) whose refined and lush gowns were beautifully constructed. He was particularly fond of strapless dresses.

I think it's always fun to look through photos of guests at these major events and decide who, if you could only name one person, would be your pick for best dressed.

To me, it was 22-year-old British model Suki Waterhouse, a.k.a. actor Bradley Cooper's current flame. I think it's important to follow the theme of the gala, and her Burberry gown was absolute perfection. It was reminiscent of James' ultra feminine creations, but still looked modern. I feel sure that since James began his career as a designer when he opened a hat shop in Chicago, he would have tipped his topper to Miss Waterhouse if he had seen her on the red carpet. The right woman in the right dress at the right time is truly a beautiful thing.









Follow Olivia on Twitter @oliviafortson




0 comments: