Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Taylor Swift takes a fashion cue from a Charlottean

When I was looking through all the fashion photos from the 2015 Grammy Awards, I paused on photos of Taylor Swift. 

She was my personal favorite in an aqua Ellie Saab gown accessorized with bright purple suede heels. The gown was a stunner on its own, but adding the contrasting pop of color with her shoes looked so right and made her stand out even more in the stylish crowd. Based on past prom stories I've done, I guarantee her gown style and choice of colors are going to be copied by many teen girls during the upcoming prom season. 

Then my mind raced back to attending the Father of Year Awards in Charlotte in 2013. That year's co-chair, Peggy Leo-Gallo, wore a similar color combination at the gala and it was such a knockout that every time I run into her I comment on it because I thought it was such a bold fashion statement.

Here's a photo of Peggy and her husband, John Gallo, at the 2013 fundraiser. Peggy, you are now a certified fashion trendsetter!






Follow Olivia on Twitter @oliviafortson

2 comments:

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

Visit Missguided's new clothing page for the latest women's fashion clothing online. Looking for the latest fashion & styles? Head to Missguided today! highend sports bra

alexanderdragland said...

Shop the Latest Designer Clothing for Women Online at Amazon.com. Free Shipping and Free Returns on eligible items. ladies fashion