Monday, July 14, 2014
Oui. I'm a Francophile. Plus my husband has French roots. His ancestors were Huguenots (French Protestants) who fled their homeland and eventually ended up in Charleston, S.C. My husband's great-great-great-great grandfather was a founder of the Huguenot church in Charleston and every time we visit we always go by to pay our regards to good ol' Phillipe, whose name is on a plaque at the church.)
One of the many things that fascinates me about France is how effortlessly stylish the women are. I have stared at them and studied them and it's so hard to pinpoint exactly why they are so chic. I think if I had to narrow it down to one thought, it's that they take what they have and make the most of it. And they don't willingly give their secrets away, which makes them mysterious and also a little frightening. Don't dare ask them questions!
Thanks to stylist-turned-designer Rachel Zoe's Bastille Day posting in the free emails she sends out as part of The Zoe Report, I now know the women even the French consider to be the most stylish.
Zoe shares the ones she follows on Instagram, so now I can stare at their style all I want without being rude.
1. Caroline de Maigret, a model/music producer and It girl; instagram.com/carolinedemaigret.
2. Lou Doillon, a model/actress/singer. Her mother is style legend Jane Birkin and her half-sister is Charlotte Gainsbourg. instagram.com/loudoillon.
3. Garance Dore, a fashion blogger; instagram.com/garancedore.
4. Cora Emmanuel, a French model living in New York City. instagram.com/coraemmanuel.
5. Emmanuel Alt, French Vogue's editor-in-chief; instagram.com/emmanuellealt.
Follow me on Twitter @oliviafortson, s'il vous plait
Posted by Unknown at 4:08 PM