Jeffre Scott Apothecary next to the Manor Theater on Providence Road is always an oasis of beauty thanks to its expert staff and inventory of special cosmetic brands that you often can't find anywhere else in this area.
- Ora mineral powder foundation. I had always been told my skin was too dry to wear mineral powder because it contains talc, but hers are talc-free and I truly think it's the best foundation I've ever used.
- The Aphrodite bronzer is natural but gives a subtle glow that I adore (she told me that men in Hollywood are also fans of her bronzers).
- The multi-tasking Cheekie is a great tint for lips and cheeks that I now use on busy weekend days when I'm running errands and don't have the time to put on full makeup but need a little color.
- The Camellia Balm for Lips, Eyes, Face and Hands is brilliant. I'm completely addicted. It's made from Camellia oil and has so many uses. It adds moisture without being greasy. She told me it has become one of her most popular products. The only complaint from customers is that they would like her to sell it in huge jars because they can't get enough.
Get a bunch of people together with a little wine and you also learn a lot of other interesting things. Here are my four favorite bits of new information I walked away with that night:
1. Jeffre is opening another apothecary in Asheville. It's not downtown, it's in the upscale shopping area near the entrance to Biltmore House.